Harry Potter Rec Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Potter Rec Site

Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia. E.L. Doctorow

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I was here, here I was...Was I here? Yes I WAS!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ferret34
Head of Ravenclaw
Ferret34

I was here, here I was...Was I here? Yes I WAS! Empty
PostSubject: I was here, here I was...Was I here? Yes I WAS!   I was here, here I was...Was I here? Yes I WAS! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 1:27 pm

Hello! I got the email about the change too, so...Here I am! Not sure what to say...I'm a student working on my bachelor's degree for Fine Arts...my focus is Photographic arts. I love HP and constantly read fanfiction. My main site I use is ff.net but I have an account on HPFF I just stopped using it because of the ridiculously high standards they enforce on posting. they also take flippin forever to validate and half the time they didn't even validate my stuff claiming it wasn't beta'd well enough. Whatever...I left their booties behind when it comes to posting but I occasionally still read there.

I post (on both sites) under the penname FirePhoenix86. I also have my own website for my blog and forums.

I never know what to say in intros...I have a cat I dubbed Crookshanks, then I discovered he was a she...but the name stuck. My friends have called me Hermione more times than they've called me Heather cuz of my studious nature. I think it's hilarious and true. Hermione is the character I'm most like. I think I'm done now...

Heather!
geek
Back to top Go down
Ferret34
Head of Ravenclaw
Ferret34

PostSubject: Re: I was here, here I was...Was I here? Yes I WAS!   I was here, here I was...Was I here? Yes I WAS! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 2:59 pm

Hmm...it seems that I'm the Head of Ravenclaw...I kind of like that...lol. May I keep this title?
Back to top Go down
Spyridon
Headmistress
Spyridon

PostSubject: Re: I was here, here I was...Was I here? Yes I WAS!   I was here, here I was...Was I here? Yes I WAS! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 3:41 pm

Hey, Phoenix.

Cat huh? I prefer dogs. Don't me get wrong, cats are cute and stuff but I can't seem to love them enough to get one. Even though I have four dogs, I swear one of them is the Energizer bunny.

Ravenclaw eh? If you want to be head. You have to keep on top of adding people to the group. Considering how slow the site it on registered members, it may not be that much. I'll switch the permissions to give the Head powers to you.
Back to top Go down
Ferret34
Head of Ravenclaw
Ferret34

PostSubject: Re: I was here, here I was...Was I here? Yes I WAS!   I was here, here I was...Was I here? Yes I WAS! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 3:51 pm

I like the fact that cats aren't as demanding as dogs. I have a dog in the family as well, and to be quite frank he's the biggest idiot in the world, showing only brief bursts of intelligence which we then wonder, how the heck did he do that? That said, I do like dogs, just not needy ones, barky ones, ones that constantly need attention or they make a mess and bark and generally wreak havoc, etc...I think you get the picture. lol

As for Head of Ravenclaw...I could continue to add people, but I don't know if I'd be the best person for that...After a while I might forget or loose interest. I have my own website to maintain and in the end, my priorities would be with that. Might as well not change permissions just for me...Besides, I start school tomorrow and will be mucho busy with that and trying to get a real job. *sigh* I gotta go back to being an adult...
Back to top Go down
Spyridon
Headmistress
Spyridon

PostSubject: Re: I was here, here I was...Was I here? Yes I WAS!   I was here, here I was...Was I here? Yes I WAS! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 5:00 pm

Hmm, it seems all of my dogs are all of those. The two litter pups we have seem opposite of each; one's hyper, the other too lazy, one won't stop running, the other you have to walk and pick, etc etc. And one barks, the other follow. Sometimes, I feel like I'm a dog shepherd or something. Wink

Just tell me when you want to resign from the Head. Hmm. what do you think of the banners? I got to the other three soon plus the banners for the theme mods should I ever promote one.

Yeah, I'm starting college too but in a week or so. I feel you on that.Taking 15 credits, three of the four classes are labs. I was so lucky to get an earlier class on one of them as it had actually filled up when the registration was opened for me.
Back to top Go down
Ferret34
Head of Ravenclaw
Ferret34

PostSubject: Re: I was here, here I was...Was I here? Yes I WAS!   I was here, here I was...Was I here? Yes I WAS! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 7:08 pm

Labs do suck. At least in my experience. I'm lucky I'm good at online classes. I'm doing Psychology of Women and Democratic Citizenship online and then a Drawing 2 Class and Medieval British Lit class. Gonna be a fun semester...lol I also get to prepare an extensive Portfolio Review to get into my program. 5 pieces of art, professionally framed or displayed plus an hour long interview with counselors and teachers from the school. pale lol, yeah I'm mucho nervous about it...What are you going to school for? Mine's art if you haven't guessed...

What banners are you talking about? the House Banners? I don't see them...

I'm so pissed off at my computer. I have this net book that I take with me. I went of vacation recently and had written nearly 5,000 words for my next chapter in Surprise and the darn thing got a flippin virus so I can't get on and get the chapter to my desktop to work on it and finish. So now I'm stuck with people PM'ing me about "When's the next update?" and "Update soon!!!" I just hope my brother can fix it for good this time. It's the second time it's happened...And I'm going to make sure he adds some anti-virus software. I'm so lucky to have a brother that's a computer whiz...even if it takes him a while usually to get things finished...lol
Back to top Go down
Spyridon
Headmistress
Spyridon

PostSubject: Re: I was here, here I was...Was I here? Yes I WAS!   I was here, here I was...Was I here? Yes I WAS! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 7:54 pm

I was here, here I was...Was I here? Yes I WAS! Icon_eek Ouch. I dropped my laptop once. Everything I was working on got corrupted. I had to write my essay that was due within two hours after I received an extension by my professor. I don't know if I'll be able to finish a chapter before I head back but I'm trying to keep on it. As for during the semester, I'll have to see how much studying will suck out of my free time. I was here, here I was...Was I here? Yes I WAS! Icon_evil Oh well.

I'm a pre-bio major. Still working on the requirements needed for the major program. I was here, here I was...Was I here? Yes I WAS! Icon_razz Slow and steady.

I was here, here I was...Was I here? Yes I WAS! Icon_redface I think I got the stuff sorted out. You should see the banner for R.
Head. I just need to find a person for H. Head. I also changed the
bookmark icon when someone adds it to their list of sites. I think I'm
going to change some more pic icons and then leave it.
Back to top Go down
Ferret34
Head of Ravenclaw
Ferret34

PostSubject: Re: I was here, here I was...Was I here? Yes I WAS!   I was here, here I was...Was I here? Yes I WAS! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 8:51 pm

Banner's look awesome! Why no Headmistress banner?

Pre-Bio?! Wow...lol, that must be some hard work you need to put in. Last semester sucked cuz I transferred into a new school and didn't know anyone, and was taking several hard classes so it seemed like all my time was spent reading for 2 different english classes (both of which had huge reading assignments), a intro to Psych, and an art class where I had a huge project due every 4 weeks plus smaller projects due once a week. I hope this semester is easier. At least I won't have to read about 30 different books/short stories/poems plus all my other work... study sometimes it felt like all I was doing was reading last semester!
Back to top Go down
Spyridon
Headmistress
Spyridon

PostSubject: Re: I was here, here I was...Was I here? Yes I WAS!   I was here, here I was...Was I here? Yes I WAS! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Yeah, pre-bio is hard as you have to memorize the makeup of certain proteins, how to identify differences between chemicals that have the same basic makeup but different structures, how organic pathways work, etc etc. I was on information overload by the end. Thank god the final exam was just on the last units we covered and not cumulative.

I just finished the Headmistress title. I'm going to wait to do the theme mods as currently, there are no theme mods. I was here, here I was...Was I here? Yes I WAS! Icon_bounce There's also the general rank images but I'm doing those as I or other members break over. That and to come up with rank names. I think those that have zero posts will be called . . .

Muggle. I was here, here I was...Was I here? Yes I WAS! Lol

5 Posts could be squib.
Back to top Go down
Ferret34
Head of Ravenclaw
Ferret34

PostSubject: Re: I was here, here I was...Was I here? Yes I WAS!   I was here, here I was...Was I here? Yes I WAS! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 11:56 pm

I'm going to have to work on upping my Posts...Can't have the Head of Ravenclaw as a Squib...

lol!

But I love the Muggle status. That's Awesome. You could use Sorcerer, Magus, and Mage or something like that.

UGH! I hate cumulative exams! I just found out my Psych of Women has a 60 point cumulative exam...I'm just glad it's online so therefore open book! lol study

I love these emoticons...too bad they don't have Harry Potter characters...
Back to top Go down
Spyridon
Headmistress
Spyridon

PostSubject: Re: I was here, here I was...Was I here? Yes I WAS!   I was here, here I was...Was I here? Yes I WAS! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 12:03 am

Actually with this forum, I can upload more from another site or from my
own computer. I've actually added one; the emoticon with double rifles
at the bottom.

I was here, here I was...Was I here? Yes I WAS! 887208

After my dentist appointment tomorrow, I'm hoping to come
back and work on as well as some animated ones. It's the first time making emoticons so I'm going to go slow. Do you want any particular emoticons besides, Harry, Hermione, Ron, and Ginny?

I'm taking requests. I was here, here I was...Was I here? Yes I WAS! Lol
Back to top Go down
Ferret34
Head of Ravenclaw
Ferret34

PostSubject: Re: I was here, here I was...Was I here? Yes I WAS!   I was here, here I was...Was I here? Yes I WAS! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 6:33 pm

OH you so gotta have a twin one of Fred and George...and one that morphs into a Wolf for Remus and a Tonks one with Pink hair...I'd like another like the Lol one but that says WOOT! and maybe a Quidditch one...

lol, well, I gotta get up early and I know at some point tonight my friend in the Navy is probably going to call me again...probably around 3 am again too...He's off for 6 months later this week. Sad Sad-making but I swear if he wakes me up again I'm reaching through the phone and smacking him...Oh! gotta make a B**ch Slap Icon...gotta. lol

ROFL! I turned on my computer and saw that the message I typed hadn't been posted. I must have walked away from my computer and forgot to post this...oops... Anyway, love the Harry, Ginny, Ron, Hermione, and Snape. Dumbledore lookes awesome as does the dragon and phoenix and dark mark. I Laughing My Butt Off at the Dementor's kiss! The rock on Rocks! and so does the laughing one! Did you make them all, or download some?
Back to top Go down
Spyridon
Headmistress
Spyridon

PostSubject: Re: I was here, here I was...Was I here? Yes I WAS!   I was here, here I was...Was I here? Yes I WAS! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 7:04 pm

I only made the Hungarian Horntail and the animated phoenix. The Rocks On! and the LMAO icons came off the support forum for this site. The unanimated HP icons came off google with some touch ups. The animated icons came off DeviantART. The list of makers is on the forum update section.

Hmm, I'll try my hand at making the B-Slap icon as I'm getting hang of creating animated icons.

The Remus Lupin might be too hard for me so I'll see if I can find that on Deviant Art. I wonder if I should add James, Sirius, and Lily as well. Maybe Voldemort too while i"m at it.
Back to top Go down
Spyridon
Headmistress
Spyridon

PostSubject: Re: I was here, here I was...Was I here? Yes I WAS!   I was here, here I was...Was I here? Yes I WAS! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 1:55 am

What do you think of this?
I was here, here I was...Was I here? Yes I WAS! 572685
I was here, here I was...Was I here? Yes I WAS! 767391
Back to top Go down
Ferret34
Head of Ravenclaw
Ferret34

PostSubject: Re: I was here, here I was...Was I here? Yes I WAS!   I was here, here I was...Was I here? Yes I WAS! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 6:10 pm

AH! Remus is sooo cool!!!! I would enjoy the Marauder icons! And the Voldie one maybe some DE ones with masks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I was here, here I was...Was I here? Yes I WAS!   I was here, here I was...Was I here? Yes I WAS! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I was here, here I was...Was I here? Yes I WAS!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Harry Potter Rec Site :: General Information and News :: Introduction-
Jump to: