Harry Potter Rec Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Potter Rec Site

Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia. E.L. Doctorow

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Spy's Writing Journal

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Spyridon
Headmistress
Spyridon

Spy's Writing Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spy's Writing Journal   Spy's Writing Journal I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 11:49 pm

As you can tell, I have not been updating neither my fanfiction.net profile nor my livejournal. This is due to the fact that the power jack on my computer has come loose and as such, is putting the motherboard at risk of damage as well as the risk of a fire hazard to my house. Until this is fixed, I won't be posting updates to either of my stories until I get the problem fixed.

Because of the jack problem, I am not turning on my computer which is forcing me to write things by hand. All of my notes are on the computer so it is very difficult to write the next chapter parts when you can't really remember what you wrote. On top of that, I lost my USB drive that had copies of my notes. Let's hope they just erased everything and didn't look through the folders since 'The Howling' was on there in all of its graphic glory. I am  writing parts that haven't been written yet so I don't have to worry about re-editing scenes to fit them together.

On top of that, I've also started a foray into Jake 2.0 fanfiction since I saw a couple episodes and it intrigued me until it got cancelled back in 2004. I particularly remembered seeing the 'Get Foley' episode and saw the chemistry between Diane Hughes and Jake Foley. And reading a couple of the fanfiction stories that exist on fanfiction.net which ignited a multi-chapter idea that it's in the process of being researched. I'm hoping it will be enough to satisfy the plot bunnies for this fandom.

Don't be worried that I'll forget the Harry Potter, Power Rangers, and Stargate stories that I have on my plate. I hope to have at least a chapter for each of the fandoms done, especially since I have no school until near the end of August. I am also searching for a good price on another USB drive to replace the one I lost. The closest thing is 2 8-GB harddrives for $24 from Wal-Mart where my single 8 GB hard drive cost only $3 during Black Friday.

However nothing this past few weeks can compare what happened a few days ago.

The last week, I received solemn news from the husband of a fellow fanfic author, informing me of my friend's death, Ghostchicken. Another fanfic author who was one of her closest friends had talked to her the day before she died told me that it was a heart attack that had ended her life, This is the first person that I knew, even if it was through the internet, that has died, unexpectedly or expectedly. As such, I have no idea if I have the right to grieve for such a fine woman that was understanding and an avid fanfic write since I have never meet her in person. It's kind of funny how I meet her, considering the wide world of fanfiction. I remember stumbling onto 'Harry Potter and the Death Eater's Quest' which she helped to beta. By the end, she was coauthor with justanothermuggle. When I got to her story 'Harry Potter and the Right of Justice', I was talking with her over some of the aspects and themes that were present in both stories. We conversed a long while over the morality of some actions and such. She was even so gracious as to beta read 'Righting a Wrong' and fix Hagrid's lines as she was so much better at his characterization. Now, it's the only thing that I have left to show that she once existed. How frail a human life can be in the grand scheme of things.

Her husband Ken says you can reach him through her email address as he is using hers to keep on issues regarding her funeral but he asks that instead of sending flowers to her funeral that you make donations to the American Heart Association or the American Diabetes Association.

Ghostchicken
~~~~~ October 2, 1962 to May 26, 2011 ~~~~~
I hope your next adventure is as great as you deserve

Just bear me with me while I try to figure out what I will do. At this point, I guess I'm going to donate blood instead. There is one thing that I have learned; talk with the people you know and be with them without taking for it granted as you never know when something will happen that you will never be in contact with that person again.
Back to top Go down
Spyridon
Headmistress
Spyridon

PostSubject: Updates   Spy's Writing Journal I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 1:32 am

Really busy semester this year. For my course load, I have Organic Chemistry (the hardest undergraduate course for the bio degree) and three other classes that require a lot of reading. Between all of that, I have hardly anytime to write down scenes for my various stories. Let's see, I have two exams in two weeks including a major essay. Why did I give myself this reading/writing burden with O-Chem? What f*** was I thinking? *head slams desk*

But I have had some time to pen down some scenes for short stories.

After a couple of years of thinking about it, I've started preliminary penning of a NC-17 rated one shot for Power Rangers. The pairing came quite as a surprise and it is a rare one. It also has some character study mixed in but the sole purpose was to write a smut scene. It's about 3 pages now and I don't know if I want to add more scenes to it. I do plan on polishing it up as it is still in the rough draft stage. I'm having problems on picking a title. Grr.

My darker side also wants to really come out and play, especially in the Stargate SG-1 fanfiction world. I have also had thoughts of writing a one shot that would be based on the episode 'Hathor' and feature Daniel Jackson with the Goa'uld queen in a sex slave capacity. And it will be totally dark. It will be definitely a one-shot. Possibly featuring anther female Goa'uld, maybe two. Depends if I can fit it in there. Just wanted to pen a scene had the episode had gone differently.

So be on the watch out for those two revival fics. It's been a long time since I penned an independent story for those two categories.

As for 'Harry Potter and the Four Realms', I had sent it off to two beta readers, one being the incredible Spy's Writing Journal Userinfolyras who also beta'ed the fic for the 2010 Smutty Claus. Only ginnyweasley777 has gotten back with her edits but I have a feeling that Spy's Writing Journal Userinfolyras is definitely pulling apart the chapter, which is what I wanted her to do. I want the chapter to be on par with the writing level of the original story. CH12 has puttered to a stop around 6 pages and I have been getting a feeling that it is not where I want it to be so I might actually be deleting major portions of the chapter to rewrite them. Thinking about that, I got a review kind of stating that they thought I was taking the story over. The voice of the review kind of irked me. I am finishing this story but I do have a life of my own.

Speaking of reviews, I also had one for 'Phoenix Eclipse' regarding 'a major flaw' of the story. They said in Book 4 that the only reason Cedric was at the graveyard was because Harry shared the trophy with Cedric and they couldn't see Edward doing that. *raises eyebrows* Yeah, you're right. Harry did do that in Book. And yeah, Edward wouldn't do it. So how did Cedric get there? Um, it's called you figure it out or you can wait until I reveal what really happened. LATER. I'm not going to be like some authors and give you everything in one go. There will be a scene reveal but that's regarding Harry/Shyamal and an elf. Reason why to stated later in another chapter. People need to remember that this is an AU story and that some character traits no longer apply, including some specific details of events. That's the point of an AU.

Onto 'The Howling', this one is giving me a pain in the arse as characters will be talking in here through the chapter. Got to deal with some of the emotional and aftermath of Harry and Ginny's infection. Time for them to have a talk don't you think?

On a non-fanfiction level, I was thinking about the Rec Site. It seems I'm the only o ne making recommendations now. I'm not asking you to post all the stories you've ever read onto the site. I'm only asking that people try to post once a month especially in regards to more themes and pairings. I'm going to go through the Site and get rid of templates, especially for the spells list and challenges. You can use the Rec Site for almost whatever you want. I know people are visiting; I've been watching that through Google Analytics but they need some updates too, you know.
Back to top Go down
Spyridon
Headmistress
Spyridon

PostSubject: Re: Spy's Writing Journal   Spy's Writing Journal I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 5:37 am

Let me see here: It's been August since I last updated on here. Ah, whoops?

It seems I've been using my LJ a little more than this place though I have been posting recs when I come across good stories.

As for the last semester, passed my classes so now I'm on the verge of taking the hardest prereq for my major as well as taking the actual classes for the major. So I'm sweating bullets here.

Now, in regards to writing, it seems my muse has somehow been silence. I've been taking the time to ponder some details of a couple of the HP fics, drabbling here, editing there, adding a note right there! I've also gone over a couple of the non-HP fics, such as 'What I've Done' and actually edited the glaring mistakes in the fic as well as reorganize it. I'm also working on CH10 for it as well. I may even begin posting WID onto my LJ. Busy, busy, busy.

*Taps chin* I've also been working on a drawing of Harry in his bipedal lycan form. Still working on the head though as it's kind of small compared to the rest of the body. But actually, I'm satisfied overall with it. I like how it's coming out. Maybe because I was working on one particular scene in CH8 of 'The Howling'. I'm hoping to actually stamp out a plot for that chapter as I want to deal more on the healing relationship between Harry and Ginny.

'Harry Potter and the Four Realms' Chapter is still out at the beta. I was rather clear on my request and I'm sure she's nitpicking my portrayal of Harry as his character is quite mature in regards to the Harry's I've written. Especially, since he was raised in a royal house while my Harry was either bitten or raised in the wilderness of Romania. After that, I'm praying to the gods that it's a ride down hill. Now the marriage part is freaking me out a little, though.

'Phoenix Eclipse' was updated with CH25 and I'm working on the set of CH17-20 as CH13-16 has been shipped out for beta reading. I'm hoping to close a couple of the plot holes as well as making sure the continuity is kept. Stupid scars. I hate it when your muse changes tack right in the middle of the running. Originally, the scar that 'marked' Edward as the Chosen One was on his chest, then I moved it to his forehead, then I moved to his left forearm as the tattooed scar where it will surely stay! I just got to keep it that way.

Now, I received reviews on the relationship between Shyamal and his siblings.

First off, Shyamal is a 15 year old boy with the responsibility of caring for his 14 year old twin brothers and his 12 year old sister. He was forced to take on the role of 'the guardian' of his siblings even though they were surrounded by elves. In a unfamiliar background, the three siblings went to him for comfort, warmth, security, etc. Shyamal is their central point. Now over the years in Romania, they explored but they always knew that Shyamal was there. However, they are now in Hogwarts which is unfamiliar to them even though they've heard about it when they were at the Potters and added to that, Shyamal is running off as Anthanasius. This has made them realize that they could Shyamal at anytime and this is making them extremely uncomfortable which comes to the point they keep reminding him that they need him. Which they do. They are all kids and such, are looking for security.

With Shyamal, it's his need to make sure things are in his control and with the current instabilities, he's beginning to realize that he's in a really bad situation.

Tindual hit it on the spot that younger children won't remember the abuse which is way Hala has been seeking out glimpses of her mother and begs for Shyamal to be nice with Edward. She was only seven, barely when a child is beginning to actually notice what's going on around them.

Damian and Cosmas are more in the middle. They know that things were bad at the Potters but not really why. Damian is the more grounded of the two while Cosmas is more fun-oriented.

This tension in regards to the siblings needing Shyamal will soon come to a head, especially with what I have planned.

I'm just trying to keep the characterization of Shyamal as realistic as possible as I don't want him turning into some kind of demigod.

*grins evilly* Let's just say that Shyamal is about to get an a** whooping.
Back to top Go down
Spyridon
Headmistress
Spyridon

PostSubject: Re: Spy's Writing Journal   Spy's Writing Journal I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 9:29 pm

Whoop. Despite studying for finals, I've been able to get some work done on a number of fics. I've seen off a one shot titled "Righting a Wrong" to ghostchicken for betaing. She's also received the chapter for 'Harry Potter and the Four Realms'. We discovered that cyberspace decided to kidnap the chapter I had sent out previously so she never received it. Now that everything has been sorted out, I hope to have CH11 of the adopted story out as well as the one shot fic.

As for 'Phoenix Eclipse', I'm still working on the next chapter as a number of the characters seems to be rebelling against me. Maybe because it's such a pivotal chapter and will lay down the plotline for the rest of the arc. That and the history I created for Hogwarts is quite complicated, trying to mesh it in with real life events. I just hope I didn't make it boring. If I were to write out the history, I could literally write a number of history books on it. Which I'm sure would distract me from writing PE.

On top of that, I'm shifting plot ideas around as other wise, I would get such a huge cast of original characters that you would probably need a character list while reading the story.

As for reviews, there was one reviewer who caught my attention. She/he was the only to find a glaring loophole that went unnoticed by the other readers and by until I was reading the previous chapter. That loophole in the plot has been fixed at least in the next set of revised chapters 13-16 which I haven't finished editing just yet.

With finals ending on Friday around 6, I hope to get back on track in writing. Wish me luck!

PS I was so bloody effing close on getting an A on my biology test. One more effing questions and I would have that ninety percent.
Back to top Go down
Spyridon
Headmistress
Spyridon

PostSubject: Re: Spy's Writing Journal   Spy's Writing Journal I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 9:57 pm

I've posted the last chapter for 'The Howling' and the reviews I've received has me thinking that I haven't quite described clearly the differences between the two werewolves set out in the story. As I stated before, there are two types; one wolf that is bipedal and one wolf that walks on four legs that is also the normal wolf. The reason the four-legged wolf is the normal werewolf is because of the clues that JKR gives out. In the chapter "Snape's Worst Memory' of 'The Order of the Phoenix', we are read from Peter's response to James and Sirius' question about the five signs in identifying werewolves.

They are:
1) Snout shape
2) pupils of the eyes
3) Tufted Tail

Now I thought there was a fourth but I guess I read that wrong. Since a wolf is about the size of a German shepherd and that you wouldn't be going up to a werewolf to check out the three given distinctions for obvious reasons, one of the signs would have to be obvious that the creature you see before you is not a wolf but a werewolf. I chose this sign to be the animal's shape, making them as large as the werewolves seen in the Twilight movies. They're huge, standing at least five feet if not more. As for the last sign, I would have to say that the claws in werewolves would be different form normal wolves, probably more designed for tearing and infecting new werewolves so to speak. At least in considering that Fenrir was able to scratch Bill and infect him to the point that he had some werewolf tendencies. Maybe a werewolf has some glands located in the hands that secrete fluids designed specifically to infect victims?

Notice that my werewolf for the story is not the one shown in the movies. I thought it was poorly designed in regards to what I pictured from the book. For one thing, the malformed body of the werewolf seen in the movies would not have the stealth capabilities of a true werewolf so to speak. I think the designers for the movie wanted a more 'traditional' feel for the werewolves in their scenes. Bad show. Also, JKR said in an interview once that the werewolves in her story are not allergic to silver, a contradiction to what's stated in the movies as well.

I'm sure I described in Chapter 5 of 'The Howling' of the other form that Harry shifted into; the bipedal werewolf that actually stands on two legs, From the five feet tall, four legged werewolf that Harry was in the natural form to the two legged, seven foot tall werewolf when he transformed into the second form. That's a major shift in the strain that Harry has. Considering that Harry infected Ginny, Dumbledore and the others are presuming that Ginny can also shift into the new werewolf form.

The pictures below show the examples of what I mean. The first: Four legged werewolf seen from New Moon. The Second: Two legged werewolf seen from Van Helsing.

Spy's Writing Journal New_moon_preview_werewolves

Spy's Writing Journal Werewolf-vanhelsing

Just so you know. Harry's two legged form is exactly as Van Helsing's in the movie. This picture we have of him here shows him to be a slightly silvery brown color. A real shot from the movie will show him with black glossy fur. Though Harry's eyes are still green, not yellow. Now that's a werewolf no?

Spy's Writing Journal VanHelsing_Werewolf

Now there's a reason for the change in the werewolf strain that Ginny and Harry has. I hope to be getting that point soon. As all biologists know, for every new cell, it must come from an earlier cell. So the question now is: Where did the Lycanthropy virus come from? Reading up on the AIDS/HIV virus made me think about this. lol.

Back to top Go down
Spyridon
Headmistress
Spyridon

PostSubject: Re: Spy's Writing Journal   Spy's Writing Journal I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 12:34 am

Whoopa. I've been writing a short PWP fic that will be rated NC17. Once I feel comfortable with it, I will post it on my LJ. The title of the story is tentatively "All You Want is All I Have to Give" but I'm feeling I might change it later as I've been pondering if the title actually fits to the mood of the PWP.

As for PE, I got the basics for the latter half of the story as there will be a major time jump but the scene with Hogwarts reveling her history is proving to be a pain in the derriere! I mean, I have the facts on my word sheet but it's just not turning into an actual story. Grr.

Got my assignment for LJ Smutty Claus. Though I was worried about the plot and pairings I received, I worked it out once I focued on CENSORED/CENSORED and paid attention to the plot requests. Lucky such story themes are my forte. I mean, most of my stories follow the pattern. PE does to in a way, now that I'm thinking about it.

I think that's all on my plate now.

Oh there's four exams coming up and my lab practical next week . . . Spy's Writing Journal 887208
Back to top Go down
Spyridon
Headmistress
Spyridon

PostSubject: Re: Spy's Writing Journal   Spy's Writing Journal I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 12:55 am

Today is September 11th.

Who ever called this Patriot's Day should be shot. How can you say Happy Patriot's Day? It should have been called Remembrance Day.

After all, we keep saying Never Forget.

9 years ago, the Twin Towers were leveled. 9 years over 3 thousand were murdered. But today, One World Trade Center is slowly rising again from the ashes. It's about 38 stories in height with a new story being added almost every week.

They'll rise again.
Back to top Go down
Spyridon
Headmistress
Spyridon

PostSubject: Re: Spy's Writing Journal   Spy's Writing Journal I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 12:41 am

There should be some happy people out there. Just got back CH24 for Phoenix Eclipse. I'm holding it for next week but it will be released soon.

I signed up for the livejournal Smutty Claus exchange fic which will begin posting on Dec 1st, about 2 weeks after the fanfics are turned in. It'll be the first time I'll be specifically writing a fanfic for someone so I'm kind of excited about it while worried that my writing won't be up to par.

I'm looking at my study schedule and I'll be freaking lucky if I get a chapter once every month. I'll try to update regularly but real chapters may be posted during the winter vacation starting on Dec 21 about.

CH25 is proving to be a pain in the arse. I'm trying to get out the history behind Hogwarts, the Castellum, the Royal line, etc etc without making it sound boring. A lot of freaking information in this chapter as Hgowarts will be explaining stuff to Shyamal, Hermione, and Ron.

As for Harry Potter and the Four Realms, I'm still working on that as it's my first attempt at writing a dueling scene between Harry and Voldemort plus as well as three other Death Eater opponents. Grr. Need to come up with new ways of dueling. They can't all die by the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Spyridon
Headmistress
Spyridon

PostSubject: Spy's Writing Journal   Spy's Writing Journal I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 8:04 pm

Last night, I put up the revised chapters for Chapter 9-12 on Phoenix Eclipse. Nothing major plot wise was changed. Just some clarifications, a few fixes to keep the timeline going. I'm working on the moment on CH 24 and I think I will stop there to revise the previous chapters. It's at 15 pages at the moment. I don't feel comfortable with it so I'm going through, tweaking the wording until I like it. Then it will be off to ginnyweasley777 for beta reading.

I think the reason why I took on HP and 4 Realms was to use it as practice for my own story. Crap. It's such a hassle on creating on what I feel should be a good battle for Voldemort. I don't want to make it too cheesy by making it too epic (if I even could). It could go the same way as the Titanic if I rush it. shoot, might not even make it out of the harbor at this point. It's only at 4 pages while Daphne's chapters were a good size length. At this point, I will try to fit the battle into one chapter as I don't think I'm the type of author to be able to prolong it for more than that.

If everything goes to plan, CH24 should be coming out next week.

But I said that how many months ago?

At this point, I guess I'm a liar. I hope my readers don't kill me.

Spy's Writing Journal 486522
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spy's Writing Journal   Spy's Writing Journal I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spy's Writing Journal
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Harry Potter Rec Site :: Fanfic Author Homes :: Spyridon's Library-
Jump to: